Civil War lesson plans and teaching resources
It’s that time of year.
For those teaching American History surveys, you’re probably right around Civil War time. And it’s always nice to have a few lessons and resources in your back pocket. So a couple of sites with handy resources:
- EDSITEment put together close to 50 sites in a variety of categories.
- The Valley of the Shadow is an incredible digital archive of primary sources that document the lives of people in Augusta County, Virginia, and Franklin County, Pennsylvania, during the era of the American Civil War.
- This Duke University site documents the diaries and papers of three Civil War Era women along with some nice teaching resources.
- The PBS Ken Burns Civil War site has some fantastic teaching activities.
- Created by educators for educators, plans at the Civil War Trust include all the needed materials and resources free for you to use in your classroom.
And don’t forget the 150th anniversary!