Free trip to Germany!
Where do the best lessons in life come from? From Experience!
Experience is what the Transatlantic Outreach Program is all about. Since 2001, TOP has sought to find the best and most qualified Social Studies educators and give them the opportunity to experience Modern Germany in the most dramatic way possible: in person.
From Berlin to Frankfurt, from Stuttgart to Munich, from Hamburg to Kiel, from Dresden to Schwerin, and from Weimar to Leipzig, each corner of Germany is sampled through sight, sound, touch, and taste!
These all-expense-paid study tours are two weeks in length and take place during the summer.
You travel in small groups of about 20 and spend your time meeting German educators, politicians and other government workers, visiting historical sites and eating great food. You also meet some wonderful people – both American and German!
TOP uses modern Germany as a basis of comparison and contrast to internationalize Social Studies curriculum as well as to provide international exposure to Social Studies educators in the United States and Canada.
The Goethe Institute asks only that you write and submit a instructional unit when you return.
As a 2006 TOP fellow, I can tell you that it is an experience that you will never forget!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)