Tip of the Week – Teaching about the Holocaust Workshop
I understand that many of you outside the state will have no way of attending this event but it seems like such a great opportunity, I’m gonna share it anyway!
The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and Wichita State University are working together to host a free workshop entitled Teaching about the Holocaust: A Workshop for Teachers on September 25, 2010. The workshop will be held at the WSU Metroplex, 5015 E. 29th St. North, Room 180 Wichita, Kansas from 9:00 – 4:30.
The free workshop is designed for middle and high school teachers. Participants will receive books, teaching resources, and six hours of continuing education credits. Teachers can also earn one graduate credit by enrolling through Wichita State University.
Everything that I have ever used from the USHMM has been phenomonal. This is a don’t miss opportunity that you need to advantage of. Register online and download the PDF flyer. If you have questions, contact:
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum Regional Educator
The agenda for the day:
- Registration/Coffee/ Continental Breakfast
- Welcome: Dr. Janice Ewing, Wichita State University
- Rationale & Themes in Teaching the Holocaust: A Historical Overview
Jessica Rockhold, Midwest Center for Holocaust Education
- Guidelines for Teaching about the Holocaust
Carrie Olsen, Museum Teacher Fellow, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Nazi Propaganda
Lisa Bauman, Regional Educator, United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
- Local Resources
- Antisemitism and the Holocaust: From Citizen to Outcast Lesson Study
Carrie Olsen, USHMM Teacher Fellow
- Presentation and Discussion with Holocaust Survivor Eric Cahn
- What You Do Matters
Lisa Bauman, USHMM Regional Educator
See you there!
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)