5 Days of Helpful Tools: Day 2 – Virtual Field Trips
It’s Day Two of Helpful Tools week. Maybe not as cool a name for a week as Shark Week (which is awesome) but still pretty darn handy.
I recently received an email from the Williamsburg people offering a free month of access to their very cool Gift to the Nation virtual field trip series.
Revolving around the bitter contest of 1800 between Thomas Jefferson and John Adams, the electronic field trip is entitled “The Will of the People” and shows that smear tactics aren’t particular to the modern era.
“The Will of the People” is an immersion for both teachers and students in authentic historical content – teachers are provided with multi-disciplinary lesson plans, teacher activities and program scripts while students can take part in history with interactive resources and web activities. The program is available at no cost from Sept. 1-Sept. 30 with online registration.
But Williamsburg is not the only place out there offering electronic / virtual field trips. Tons of places offer free online tours. So here ya go.
- 15 Awesome Interactive Virtual Field Trips
- Electronic Field Trips from the National Park Foundation
- Virtual Field Trips from Bernie Poole
- Virtual Tools and Field Trips from The Teacher’s Guide
- Virtual Field Trips (with tools & suggestions for creating your own) form the Utah Education Network
- SimpleK12 has a ton of Virtual FIeld Trips in multiple content areas
- Nice collection of Field Trips from Internet4Classrooms
- Vicky Blackwell’s collection of Field Trips
- Virtual Tours: Travel Around the World from TechTrekkers
- Virtual and Digital Tours from Teacher Tap
I’m thinking primary sources.