“Live” streaming of 1963 CBS News JFK coverage
CBSNews.com will stream CBS News’ historic broadcast coverage of President John F. Kennedy’s assassination to mark the 50th anniversary of the shooting. The extensive online offering will feature the minute-by-minute CBS News broadcasts in real time as they were delivered during the four-day period following the assassination.
CBSNews.com’s special four-day anniversary online stream will begin at 1:38 PM ET on Friday, Nov. 22, 2013 with the first breaking network television news bulletin alerting viewers shots had been fired in Dallas.
CBSNews.com will then stream the CBS News coverage, including the first report from legendary anchor Walter Cronkite and the extraordinary broadcasts from New York, Dallas, Washington and around the world as it unfolded over four days, culminating with the president’s funeral.
The historic coverage will continue through the weekend, ending Monday, Nov. 25 with coverage of the president’s funeral.
A schedule on the site will let viewers know when to tune in to the stream for specific reports and highlights, and CBS News will live-tweet the streaming coverage from Friday, Nov. 22 through Monday, Nov. 25. Likewise, key moments from the streamed CBS News footage will be available on-demand at CBSNews.com and will be shared on the CBS News accounts on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with the hashtag #JFK50.
Find more CBS coverage of the assassination online.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)