#NCSS14: Four Sweet Strategies – Reading & Writing in the Elementary Classroom
This morning, Deb Brown and I presented a workshop on different strategies elementary teachers can use in their classrooms.
We had a great time!
If you’re interested, we put all of the goodies in a Dropbox folder. You can get the goodies here.
- Pathway strategies including questioning and graphic organizers such as POSERS
- Three Stage Media Analysis
- Collaborative document analysis using Padlet
- Product creation using Our Story
We also looked at a variety of different online resources. Because we’re presenting as part of the Library of Congress Teaching with Primary Sources Program, most of them obviously lead back to the Library’s stuff.
- Analysis Worksheet
- American Memory
- Education Page
- Teacher Resources
- America’s Library
- Kindergarten example / video
We also looked at few online tools, including Padlet: