Let me inspire your teachers
After 15 years in middle school, high school and college classrooms, I now speak, write, and consult on a wide variety of education-related topics.
But I still consider myself a teacher. I enjoy working with groups of all sizes to promote creative teaching and to encourage new ways of thinking about what goes on in today’s classrooms.
And while research and philosophies are nice, what educators really want is the integration of research with practical application. I want you to walk away with ideas and strategies that actually work and so all of our conversations will focus on applying philosophy to real-world, 21st century learning.
What people are saying:
- It’s truly been a pleasure! Your insights, examples & enthusiasm were a big hit with the audience. Thank you for a job well done!
- Great energy. Entertaining but also full of good information.
- A very good session filled with enthusiasm, humor and timely information.
- Loved the anecdotes . . . the best session I attended!
- I caught your Gaming/Simulation Session at TIE this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Love your presentations. UbD, DI, Video gaming . . . all very informative. Well done.
- Brilliant presentation on the roles of games in education and very convincing too. Thanks!
I’ve had the chance to work with teachers on-site in Kansas and around the country at regional and national conferences. Below is a list of recent regional and national presentations:
- Association of Educational Service Centers
- Kansas Council for the Social Studies
- National Council for the Social Studies
- Mid-American Association for Computers in Education
- Rocky Mountains / Great Plains Council for the Social Studies
- iConnect iLearn in the 21st Century
- TIES (Technology In Education)
- Midwest Education Technology Conference
- Laptop Leaders Conference
- Kansas Council for History Education Conference
I bring a novel point of view, enthusiasm, and a strong background in a wide range of topics to your conference or staff development experience. All of my sessions are designed with clear objectives and include small group activities, lots of discussion and useful takeaways.
Contact me to request information about
availability for your school, district, or conference:
1500 E. 11th
Hutchinson, KS 67501
glennw at essdack.org
Keynote or Featured Sessions:
- The 21st Century Classroom
- Historical Thinking in the 21st Century
- Social Studies and Student Digital Legacy
- Having Fun is a Good Thing: Using Video Games as Learning Engines
- Digital Literacy: Using Technology to Improve Reading & Writing Skills
Staff Development Training / Breakout Sessions:
- Integrating the Common Core into the Social Studies Classroom
- Reading and Writing in the Social Studies Classroom
- Google Earth: Seeing is Believing
- The Problem is the Solution: PBL in the Social Studies
- Using Primary Sources in the Social Studies Classroom
- Using Technology to Teach Social Studies
- 21st Century Tools for Social Studies Teachers
- ePUBs, Digital Materials, and the Modern Classroom
- Integrating Apple Tools as Part of Your Instruction
- Mobile Devices as Teaching and Learning Tools
- Thriving in the 21st Century: Speaking the Language of the Digital Native
- 30 Sites in 60 Minutes
- Social Media for Educators
- Google Tools, Tips, and Tricks
- Plagiarism, Copyright, and Intellectual Property for the 21st Century
- The Big Picture: Curriculum Mapping to Improve Learning
- Don’t Just Hope, Plan: Using Understanding by Design to Insure Quality Learning